Know if a mail was sent just to you or a group (before opening it)
- Login to your Gmail or Google app account.
- Click the gear icon at the top of any Gmail page.
- Click 'Mail settings'.
- Go to 'general' tab
- Go to personal level indicator section.
- Click 'show indicator', and as the description reads your mail listing will now "Display an arrow ( › ) by messages sent to my address (not a mailing list), and a double arrow ( » ) by messages sent only to me.”
- Click "save changes” button at the bottom.
- If a mail is sent to you only, it will have double arrow ( » ) in the inbox next to this mail
- if it's sent to more than one person (including you) then it will display a single arrow ( › )
Scroll to Top